9/20 Top Political Headlines
* THE MODERATE MITT – NBC News reports “after originally standing by his comments at that May fundraiser in Florida, where he was surreptitiously recorded saying that he can’t win the ‘47%’ of Americans who are dependent on the government”, Mitt Romney backed down Wednesday night. Romney reiterated that this a race about the 100%. The comments came at a forum in Miami sponsored by Univision. According to insiders, Romney is doing more than backing down from the “47%” remarks; the GOP frontrunner seems also to be softening his tone on health care, immigration, and gay rights.
* In the first polling following the release of that video, a new Reuters/Ipsos poll finds that 43% of voters view Romney less favorably after viewing the video online.
* New poll from swing state of Wisconsin: Obama 54% Romney 40% (Marquette University Law poll).
* Interesting new poll from ABC News: 22% of registered voters can still be persuaded the change their minds before Election day.
* USA Today is reporting that President Obama and Mitt Romney “will get the 60 Minutes treatment this Sunday in separate interviews with different correspondents.”