CU’s oldest agricultural building
A $1 million gift to Clemson University ensures that two legacies in the early 1900s will benefit current and future students. In 1938, Frank S. Barnes Jr. of Rock Hill began his freshman year at Clemson College. He followed his father, F-S Barnes Sr., who graduated from there in 1915. The Sheep Barn was built on campus at the turn of the century. The Sheep Barn is the oldest surviving building asscoaited with the agricultural land where Clemson University now sits, and it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. No longer needed for its original purpose, the Sheep Barn will be renovated to serve as a student social center.