Lesson to be learned from kitchen fire

October 9, 2013
By

Apparently there’s a lesson to be taken from last night’s home fire in Walhalla, which could have been much worse. The fire at 103 S. Cedar Street was confined to the kitchen where, according to the fire department, something on the stove was left un-attended. Captain Mark Hollifield said neighbors who spotted something wrong got into the home and, for all intent and purposes, got the fire out. That fire occurred during Fire Prevention Week—a week in which fire fighters and safety advocates recommend staying in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling, or boiling food. If you must leave the room, even for a short time, turn off the stove.

WGOG > News > Lesson to be learned from kitchen fire

Weather

Calendar

  • April 19, 2014 8:00 amBenefit Hot Dog and Yard Sale
  • April 19, 2014 9:00 amOconee County Democratic Party's Breakfast Meeting
  • April 19, 2014 10:00 amClearmont Baptist Church's Easter Egg Hunt
  • April 19, 2014 6:00 pmMountain Rest Community Club's Monthly Meeting
AEC v1.0.4