Lesson to be learned from kitchen fire

October 9, 2013

Apparently there’s a lesson to be taken from last night’s home fire in Walhalla, which could have been much worse. The fire at 103 S. Cedar Street was confined to the kitchen where, according to the fire department, something on the stove was left un-attended. Captain Mark Hollifield said neighbors who spotted something wrong got into the home and, for all intent and purposes, got the fire out. That fire occurred during Fire Prevention Week—a week in which fire fighters and safety advocates recommend staying in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling, or boiling food. If you must leave the room, even for a short time, turn off the stove.

Weather

Calendar

  • November 23, 2014 9:30 amTamassee DAR School will “Committee of Angels” at Richland Presbyterian Church
  • November 25, 2014 5:15 pmBlue Ridge Tree Lighting
  • November 27, 2014 10:00 amWestminster Community Thanksgiving Meal
  • November 29, 2014 2:00 pmRestoration Church of God will host "Pictures with Santa"
AEC v1.0.4