“Substantial gas leak” precedes Fair Play fire

April 29, 2014

Oconee County Fire Marshal Shane Gibbs says his concerns and thoughts today are with the Fair Play restaurant waitress burned during yesterday morning’s fire. The waitress, identified as Brittany Alewine, was taken to be treated at the regional burn center near Augusta, Georgia. It was an explosive fire preceded by what Gibbs termed a substantial gas leak inside the Bootland Restaurant off I-85. The fire also damaged the Bountyland Quik Stop there. “The events leading up to the fire we’re still unsure about it,” Gibbs told 96.3/WGOG NEWS this morning.

 

Weather

Calendar

  • October 24, 2014The Emerson Rose Heart Foundation’s 4th Annual Golf Tournamen
  • October 25, 2014 10:00 amCORVETTES AT TAMASSEE DAR School
  • October 25, 2014 4:00 pmWestminster First Baptist Church's Trunk or Treat
  • October 26, 2014 10:00 amMonti Vista Baptist Church's Homecoming
AEC v1.0.4