“Substantial gas leak” precedes Fair Play fire

April 29, 2014

Oconee County Fire Marshal Shane Gibbs says his concerns and thoughts today are with the Fair Play restaurant waitress burned during yesterday morning’s fire. The waitress, identified as Brittany Alewine, was taken to be treated at the regional burn center near Augusta, Georgia. It was an explosive fire preceded by what Gibbs termed a substantial gas leak inside the Bootland Restaurant off I-85. The fire also damaged the Bountyland Quik Stop there. “The events leading up to the fire we’re still unsure about it,” Gibbs told 96.3/WGOG NEWS this morning.

 

Weather

Calendar

  • November 23, 2014 9:30 amTamassee DAR School will “Committee of Angels” at Richland Presbyterian Church
  • November 25, 2014 5:15 pmBlue Ridge Tree Lighting
  • November 27, 2014 10:00 amWestminster Community Thanksgiving Meal
  • November 29, 2014 2:00 pmRestoration Church of God will host "Pictures with Santa"
AEC v1.0.4