A precise, scale model of what a colonial era fort in Pickens County looked like is on display through Saturday, October 6 at Duke Energy’s World of Energy. The Pickens County Historical Society’s Fort Prince George exhibit was handcrafted by Marshall Williams. He was part of a team that led the archaeological dig at the site of the colonial fort that now lies beneath Lake Keowee. Williams was there prior to the flooding and personally took the measurements of the footrpint. Named for the Prince of Wales, Fort Prince George was built in 1753 by his Majesty’s Royal Governor at the request of the Cherokee chiefs to protect their mutual trading interests. The historical society’s goal is to reconstruct Fort Prince George to preserve an important part of S.C. history, while creating a tourism destination.