COLLEGE FOOTBALL: Gamecocks, Tigers, Dawgs win; Furman victorious in Charleston

*At BH Networks Stadium in Orlando, sophomore running back Mike Davis rushed 26 times for 167 yards and three touchdowns as No. 12 South Carolina overcame injuries, four turnovers and a 10-0 halftime deficit to beat UCF 28-25. The Gamecocks played the final three quarters without quarterback Connor Shaw, who suffered a shoulder injury and will miss up to three weeks, according to coach Steve Spurrier. Shaw was replaced by junior Dylan Thompson, who finished the game 15 of 32 for 261 yards and an interception.Carolina could also be without running back Brandon Wilds for 2-to-3 weeks, after he dislocated his elbow in the third quarter.  South Carolina returns home next week to face SEC-East foe Kentucky at Williams-Brice Stadium.

*At Memorial Stadium in Clemson, quarterback Tajh Boyd threw for three touchdowns and rushed for another score, leading the Tigers to a 56-7 victory over Wake Forest on Homecoming. The terrific performance made him the second Atlantic Coast Conference quarterback to account for 100 career TDs. Boyd had touchdown throws of 64 yards to Sammy Watkins, 75 yards to D.J. Howard and 14 yards to Mike Williams as Clemson built a 35-7 halftime lead. The third-ranked Tigers head to the Carrier Dome next Saturday to face Syracuse.

*At Sanford Stadium in Athens, quarterback Aaron Murray threw four touchdown passes, including a 25-yarder to Justin Scott-Wesley with 1:47 remaining, and the No. 9 Bulldogs rallied to beat No. 6 LSU 44-41 in a thrilling game between Southeastern Conference powerhouses. Georgia was only the fourth team since the BCS began in 1998 to face three top 10 teams in the first four games of a season. The Bulldogs opened with a 38-35 nonconference loss to Clemson, but came back to beat South Carolina 41-30 and now LSU.

*At Johnson Hagood Stadium in Charleston, in a game heard on 96.3 WGOG, Furman stopped The Citadel on fourth down at the Paladins’ 20 yard line with under three minutes to play to preserve a 24-17 Southern Conference victory Saturday night. Furman (2-2, 1-0 Southern) took a 17-7 lead at halftime, but the Bulldogs (1-4, 1-2 Southern) came back to tie the game at 17-17 to start the fourth quarter. Following an interception by Reggie Thomas at their own 44, the Paladins retook the lead with a two-play, 56-yard drive with Tanner Skogen rushing the final 13 for the go-ahead touchdown. Terry Robinson ran for two first-half touchdowns for Furman while Reese Hannon was 13 of 18 for 167 yards.