NFL – Week One
• Atlanta Falcons 40, Kansas City Chiefs 24
• Washington Redskins 40, New Orleans Saints 32 — Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III, the 2011 Heisman Trophy winner, had a steller NFL debut, going 19 of 26 with 320 yards passing, two touchdowns and no interceptions as he led Washington to victory.
• San Francisco 49ers 30, Green Bay Packers 22 — 49ers kicker David Akers made a 63-yard field goal just before half-time, tying an NFL record. The three other kickers to match the feat were Denver’s Jason Elam in 1998, New Orleans’ Tom Dempsey in 1970 and Oakland’s Sebastian Janikowski in 2011.
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16, Carolina Panthers 10
Monday Night Football games on ESPN:
• Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens (7:00 p.m. ET)
• San Diego Chargers at Oakland Raiders (10:15 p.m. ET)